Thursday, December 26, 2013

Winter 2014 Project

The boys have their quilts from me, and now it is the granddaughters' turn.  I asked the ten year old, Grace, what colors she wanted in her quilt and the answer was "purple."  Just purple.  I've looked at quite a bit of fabric in all variations of that color in the last few months and haven't really found anything that will have staying power as she grows older.  Too old lady, too funky, too little girl, too retro, too ugly, too flowery...

So my solution was to go BATIK.  I'm gathering fabrics and this is what I have so far.
She has given her approval on these choices, so I guess I'm on the right track.  I really like that there is no "wrong" side to a batik, so I have choices.  This is two sides of the same fabric.

I'm starting with this pattern -

The goal is to have the top pieced in two months...we'll see!
 

1 comment:

  1. Batik will make a beautiful quilt for Gracelyn! Can't wait to see your finished project. What love you put into every stitch.

    ReplyDelete